Note 4/17/2018: due to interest, start time for April 21 #NoNaziNewnan protest moved forward 1/2 hour. Post also updated with a meeting point for Newnan.
The National Socialist Movement, a neo-Nazi organization, is having its national meeting in Georgia on April 20-21. While most of the meeting will be in Temple, Georgia (almost certainly at Patrick Lanzo’s Georgia Peach Oyster Bar), the Nazis are also having a public rally in Newnan, Georgia on the afternoon of Saturday, April 21. (Newnan is part of the Metro Atlanta area and is approximately 45 minutes southwest from Atlanta.) The Nazis are expecting 50-100 people to attend their rally at the Greenville Street Park in Newnan.
Neo-Nazis often believe that smaller cities (such as Newnan) will be more receptive to their racist message, and that they can come in and recruit. Let’s show the Nazis that they’re wrong and that they are not welcome!
Gather in Newnan, 1:30PM, April 21st at the corner of Jackson & Clark St. Follow Atlanta Antifascists’ social media and the #nonazinewnan hashtag for updates.
Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/210807106182953/
Bail fund in case of repression: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/support-anti-nazi-protesters-in-newnan-ga
If your organization wishes to endorse this mobilization, get in contact and we will add you to the list of endorsers.
- A World Without Police
- Atlanta Antifascists
- Atlanta Black Cross
- Atlanta General Defense Committee
- Atlanta Industrial Workers of the World
- Atlanta Resistance Medics
- Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America
- Northeast Georgia Democratic Socialists of America
- One People’s Project
- Raleigh-Durham Industrial Workers of the World (NC)
- Refuse Fascism Atlanta
- Savannah Antifa
- Savannah Comrades
- Socialist Party of Eastern Alabama
- Southern Anti-Racism Network
- Street Groomers
- TransIt (Atlanta)
- Trigger Warning Atlanta
- Western North Carolina Antifa
- Workers’ Solidarity Alliance – Atlanta Local